08/08/2016 0 Comments
Chiropractics Encourages Good Posture
Pay attention and follow these tips and you’ll see how much better your body feels and functions.
When lying down:
- Place your feet on the floor, or place them on a footrest if they can’t touch the floor.
- Keep your ankles in alignment with your knees. Don’t cross your legs.
- Make sure that you leave a little space between the front of the seat and the back of your knees.
- Keep your knees at or below the level of your hips.
- Use a back support or adjust your chair’s backrest to ensure that it support your lower and mid-back area.
- Keep your shoulders relaxed and your forearms parallel to the ground.
- Try not to stay in one sitting position for a very long time.
- Slightly bend your knees.
- Ensure your feet are a shoulder-width apart.
- Keep your stomach tucked in.
- Try to bear your weight on the balls of your feet.
- Leave your arms to naturally hang down the sides of your body.
- Pull your shoulders pulled backward and stand upright.
- Level your earlobes so they’re in alignment with your shoulders.
- Keep shifting your weight around if you have to stand for long periods of time. Move from one foot to the other or shift your weight from your heels to your toes, etc.
When lying down:
- Get a mattress that works for you, possibly a firmer one (which is usually recommended), but you can also use a softer mattress if it works for you.
- Use pillows – even get one of those special pillows for posture.
- Don’t sleep on your stomach.
- Sleep on your back or side to help with back pain.
- Place a pillow between your knees when sleeping on your side.
- Place a pillow under your knees when sleeping on your back.