08/08/2016 0 Comments
How to Get the Best Results from Your Chiropractic Treatment
- Always stick to your treatment plan so that you can consistently improve the condition of your body over time. Remember, your spinal issues did not happen overnight so your healing process won’t either.
- Instead of lying flat with a pillow pushing your head forward, ensure that your spine is flexed from the waist, with your neck properly supported and your ears in alignment with your shoulders.
- Bend your elbows and knees at 90 degrees when sitting at a desk and plant your feet on the floor directly below your knees. Keep your computer at eye level.
- If you have a wallet, put it in your front pocket so that it doesn’t add strain to your lower back and irritate the nerve flow. If you have a purse, switch it from shoulder to shoulder and try to keep it as light as possible.
- Exercise regularly to maintain your endurance, flexibility and strength.
- Do deep breathing. Inhale and hold it for as long as you can, then exhale as much as you can. Do this 5 times as you wake and before you go to sleep.
- Drink a lot of water daily, to remain hydrated.
- Sleep with a cervical pillow or a rolled up towel to support your neck and let your head drop down to the same level of your shoulders.
- Try different methods for stabilizing your spine, like wearing proper shoes or even using spinal pelvic stabilizers.
- Before you drive, sit upright and adjust your rearview mirror.